Available to special order
Gas Struts are available from stock in various diameters in the adjustable form. They are pressurised to the maximum force for that Strut size. Gas can be released via a bleed valve, accessible from the side, which allows gas to be vented, hence reducing the force.
They are ideal for applications where the exact weights are unknown, thus making force calculations difficult.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR VALVE ADJUSTMENT
1. Mount gas strut on the application with the rod pointing downwards and the valve at the top.
2. The gas strut will probably have more force than required so do not attempt to force the door or lid shut.
3. Insert an allen key into the grub screw on the valve. Undo slightly until the sound of gas escaping is heard. Quickly re-seal the valve by tightening the grub screw.
DO NOT OVER-TIGHTEN.
4. If using two gas struts per application, adjust each one in turn until the correct force is achieved. It is important not to release too much gas in one go.
5. Warning do not remove grub screw